Eat these for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Protein rich, antacid and so yummy!
1 cup dry mung beans, split or whole – soaked overnight or sprouted
1 tbsp RASA Ayurveda Kapha Spice Mix
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp chickpea flour (besan)
1 cup chopped cilanto
1.5 cups chopped spinach
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Place the mung beans in the blender along with the RASA Ayurveda Kapha Spice Mix and salt, and blend until smooth, using just enough water to get a slightly-runnier-than-pancake-batter consistency. Add the chickpea flour, cilantro and spinach and mix well.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat until water sprinkled on the surface skitters off and dries up immediately.
- Melt enough coconut oil to cover the bottom of the pan and then place ½ cup of the batter in the center using a ladle with a rounded bottom. Use the bottom of the ladle to spread the batter into as thin a round as possible. This doesn’t have to be crepe-like, but if you ladle it on too thick the inside might not cook through.
- When the top looks dry and the edges turn brown, flip over and cook until golden-brown.
- Eat with your favorite chutney or relish! Yum!